Did you know that dryer sheets and fabric softener contain:
- Benzyl acetate (Linked to pancreatic cancer)
- Benzyl Alcohol (Upper respiratory tract irritant)
- Ethanol (On the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Hazardous Waste list and can cause central nervous system disorders)
- Alpha-Terpineol (Can cause respiratory problems, including fatal edema, and central nervous system damage)
- Ethyl Acetate (A narcotic on the EPA's Hazardous Waste list)
- Camphor( Causes central nervous system disorders)
- Chloroform (Neurotoxic, anesthetic and carcinogenic)
- Linalool (A narcotic that causes central nervous system disorders)
- Pentane (A chemical known to be harmful if inhaled).
These harmful chemicals in dryer sheets and fabric softeners that remain in the fabric after they’ve been fluffed and folded. That same, chemical laden fabric, touches your skin every day. Felted wool dryer balls do the same job in less time with no chemicals.
The wool soaks up moisture in your laundry as it dries, but it also evenly distributes it back into the air helping your dryer to stay humid longer. This will reduce static cling exponentially. Additionally, the “soak and releasing” action makes your clothes dry faster with less wrinkles. The balls will create loft in the dryer allowing the heat to distribute more evenly which will reduce drying time, which lowers your carbon footprint and electric bill!
Best of all, they last 3-5 years! That’s a long time to not worry about buying dryer sheets!
If you like your clothes to have a nice scent you can also scent your dryer balls by applying 3-4 drops of essential oils to each ball. We are happy to do your first scent with essential oils at no charge. Just choose from the following and place in the "notes" section.
- Blood Orange
- Lavender Lemon
- Lavender Rosemary
- Peppermint Rosemary
Each set contains 3 balls. (The more you use the more effective they are.)
Our Wool Dryer Balls are made from locally sourced, humanely sheared wool.
Made in America